Medical Qigong is an ancient Chinese healing art that has been practiced for thousands of years. The practice is still relatively new in the West but it is quickly growing.
Medical Qigong is a form of alternative and complementary medicine that can be used to treat a variety of illnesses and conditions. This time tested practice follows the principals of Classical Chinese Medicine, believing that illness is caused by imbalance, and the person must be treated holistically, mind, body and spirit to get the maximum healing benefits. The goal is to get a person back in balance, thereby relieving their illness and related symptoms. In contrast to western medicine, which is effective at treating the symptoms of illness, this method works to address the root of the illness. Active participation on the part of the patient is required. This healing modality can be used as an alternative or complement to western medicine and can offer a person a new perspective or new hope for their condition.
Medical Qigong is based on ancient beliefs which are now being proven by modern science and physics, that we are all essentially composed of energy. A Medical Qigong Practitioner is able to work on someone else’s energetic field in order to promote a shift for the better. A session can allow for relief from pain and illness and can leave the person feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Medical Qigong prescription exercises and meditations will also be shown that will allow the patient to continue to work on their imbalances, purge out the toxic energy trapped in the body and organs, bring in pure energy, and regulate their system back to a more balanced state. A person can expect to be assessed, treated, and then given a plan for recovery that will involve Qigong prescriptions and/or lifestyle adjustments.
Medical Qigong follows the belief that all illness can be related to energetic blockages ,deficiencies and imbalances, therefore the goal would be to balance the flow of ones qi or energy. This means that this treatment method can be used to work on a wide range of ailments including:
- Stress Relief
- Pain Relief
- Fatigue, lack of energy
- Menatal/Emotional disorders
- Boosts immune functioning and defenses
- Increase vitality and sexual performance
- Brings one to a state of relaxation and clarity
- Reverses loss of energy or Qi from natural aging, feel younger
- Compliments current medical treatment
- Can be used as an alternative or compliment to treating a wide range of disorders and diseases
- Used to treat ailments that are obscure or hard to treat by western medicine
Below is a collection of Medical Qigong related documents/media. This list will be updated as new research presents itself.
- Impact of medical Qigong on quality of life, fatigue, mood and inflammation in cancer patients: a randomized controlled trial – Oh B, Butow P, Mullan B, Clarke S, Beale P, Pavlakis N, Kothe E, Lam L, Rosenthal D; Department of Medicine, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, University of Sydney, Concord, New South Wales, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org, Ann Oncol. 2010 Mar;21(3):608-14. Epub 2009 Oct 30.
- The effects of Baduanjin qigong in the prevention of bone loss for middle-aged women – Chen HH, Yeh ML, Lee FY; Am J Chin Med. 2006;34(5):741-7
- Health Benefits of Tai Chi and Qigong – WebMD
- Qigong for Diabetes Patients - WebMD
- - The Qigong Institute Scientific Papers